Wednesday, January 09, 2008

New Year, New Me

As you can see, I haven't posted here in over 2 1/2 years. I guess I never really think that I have anything insighful or interesting to say. . .at least not anything that I think anyone else would find interesting.

Well, that still might be the case, but I'm trying to learn more about myself in the coming months as I get ready to graduate with a PhD, move to a new state, start a job that I'm not quite sure I'm ready for, and start a new chapter of my life. I know I've learned a ton already, especially about my motivations and what stands in the way of success. I hope to be able to learn quite a bit more in the weeks and months ahead.

In the spirit of New Year, New Me, I will list some of my goals for this year. I think it will be interesting to see if I make them, and even more interesting to discover what I learn about myself in the process.

2008 Goals:

1. Academic
A. Finish draft of dissertation by March 5
B. Successfully defend dissertation in April
C. Draft Ch. 6 into an article by August
D. Draft Ch. 5 into article by November

2. Personal
A. Actively pursue dating
B. Keep in touch with current friends
C. Make at least one new friend
D. Finish one cross-stitch picture

3. Health and Fitness
A. Make better food choices
B. Exercise more frequently
C. Run a 10k
D. Run a half marathon

That's good for a start. Let's see how well I do.

1 Comments:

At 8:36 PM , Blogger Kris said...

You are working on a PhD... obviously you must have something to say if you are going to spend 7 years of your life and 300 pages to say it. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home